I was creating an insert for my mother’s birthday card and I thought I would share it with you. You can download and print the template in a choice of formats. If you have Microsoft Word there is an insert template that you can customise. If not then there is a PDF version ready to print.
The insert is designed cards with a finished size of 144 mm x 144 mm (approximately 5¾ inches x 5¾ inches). This is the size that the patterns on the Pinbroidery web site are designed to fit. There is one insert on a single A4 sheet.
Instructions for the Microsoft Word template:
1. Download and save the template to a folder on your computer.
2. Navigate to the folder and double click on the file. It will open in Microsoft Word.
3. The message reads “Happy Birthday”. You can customise the wording to your own choice by highlighting the text and typing over it.
4. The text is in Times Roman because it is found on most computers. You can change the font size and style by highlighting/selecting the text and choosing another font.
5. Print the template on standard A4 printer paper. Even if you are going to use decorative paper it is best to do a test on standard paper first.
6. Measure 284 mm (11 ¼ inches) from the left-hand edge and trim.
7. Measure 142 mm (5 ½ inches) from the top edge and trim.
8. Fold the insert in half with the greeting inside and test it in your card. Make sure that the design is central on the right-hand side of the insert. If necessary you can trim the insert to fit.
9. When you are ready to mount your insert in your card put a thin strip of self-adhesive double-sided tape along the inside left-hand side of the fold in your greetings card. Or run a line of stick adhesive alongside the right-hand side of the fold.
Instructions for the PDF template:
The message reads “Happy Birthday”. You can not customise the words on the PDF version.
Download and save the template to a folder on your computer and follow steps 5 to 9 above.
The download links:
To save the PDF pattern for later, put your mouse pointer over the download link, click the right mouse button and select “Save Target/Link As…” from the menu that appears.
For the inserts that are in PDF format you will need Adobe Reader to view and print it. Adobe Reader software can be downloaded free of charge from the Adobe website.
Alternative size template
If your stitching card is 104 mm x 152 mm (approximately 4 inches x 6 inches) you will find a Microsoft Word template of that size at Free Christmas greetings card insert template to download and print. The wording is for a Christmas card but it can be customised to your own choice of words.